Monday, May 17, 2010

Topical Traditions

You know I really like Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil, right?  Well, in another of  Bridget's (of Sweepstakes4MeAndU) contests, I won some of their Organic Teeth Cleaner.   I have been using it since it arrived. I gotta tell you, I like it and find it very effective.
You really should go visit and search out all of Bridget's Tropical Traditions reviews as she has tried many of their products!
Moisturizing Lotion - Arnica


As my skin was turn drier than burnt toast and flakier than ....their coconut, I brought some of their Moisturizing Lotions (Anica) variety.  Tropical Traditions described it as follows:
Excellent for massaging tired muscles. Ingredients: purified water, organic virgin coconut oil, organic jojoba, emulsifying wax (plant based, no soy), grapefruit seed extract, virgin palm oil, organic macerated Anica oil, and organic essential oils of wintergreen, peppermint, clove, helichrysum, and spruce.
The bad news is I found it so thick that I had to get my DH to squeeze it out for me.  Then I discovered I really don't like the smell of it.  I had gotten a really good twofer offer, hence, I gave them to DH who can squeeze the lotion out and does not care about the smell. 
Does this mean I am giving up on Tropical Traditions?  Of course not!  They are a good company with lots of other products to check out!  And because, when I bought the Lotion, I also bought CHOCOLATE!  
Organic Extra Dark Chocolate 80% PanamaOrganic Very Dark Chocolate 71%Organic Dark Chocolate 68%Organic Dark Mint Chocolate 67%Organic Dark Chocolate Expresso Bean 55%Organic Dark Chocolate with Almonds 55%
Yes, my friends, I am a self admitted chocoholic!  And with everyone and their brother talking about organic chocolate, I had to go for it!  Go for it, I did! All I can say is, Tropical Traditions makes some really, really good chocolate!  From a chocoholic, that's saying something!  Will, I buy their chocolate again. YES!!! Who cares about zits at my age!  
I have been trying to think of what I want to try next.  I have had two thoughts. 
Organic Coconut Peanut Butter
Coconut Peanut Butter sounds really good. I've gotten organic nut butters before but found them a pain it the bum as you always have to stir them up as the oil is always on top. But I am thinking that the coconut oil should help alleviate that issue.
Deodorant Roll-on - Frankincense
My other thought?   Yes, the deodorant.  I am so hoping to find one that works and I am not allergic to.  What flavor, Frankincense.  
Coconut Chips - 1 gallon pail
And then, and then....coconut!  Flaked or shredded. or chipped..don't know but I want try some of the Tropical Traditions recipes and see if I can't come up with some to give them.

1 comment:

HODGEPODGESPV said...

The bars I got were the Dark Chocolate with pure cocoa nibs...adds wee crunches!
and Mint Dark Chocolate...just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

I also got some of their Cocoa Powder...not used it yet...trying to get dh to use it in making me chocolate soufle.