Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post. Please mention us in your post, and link back to the blog here.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs. Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks! That's what all this is about after all, isn't it? We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....
2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag? Well, if you must, you will probably get an orange or because of you age, a beer.
3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet? Reached that years ago when they got so bloody!
4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again? All of the ones from the Lon Chaney, Bella LaGosey, Boris Carliff.
5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had.... I can''t remember any...I've had scares but just not any involving Halloween ..and as that is the subject, we will not go into them.
6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question. Of course...they were sweet.
7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover? Yes, several!
8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em? No.
9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people? I use whatever I like at the time. I have used funnies from the newspaper, tissue paper, etc. It's fun to use different things.
10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs? It's been so long since I made them, I would have to look it up in Joy of Cooking, my kitchen bible.
11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do? Be at the movies watching a comedy and then spending the night at a lovely hotel until Halloween is over.
12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups away? No, why?
13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be? A witch stirring a cauldron of something bubbling and steaming.
13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house? No they are way after my time.
14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as? Twiddle Dumb and Twiddle Dee? Raggedy Ann and Andy? The Mummy and Frankenstein?
15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving? Yes, and any other time I can find an excuse to!
16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you? Yes, Hell House...shiver!
17. Whats the predicted high temperature for today? 72
18. Have you ever howled at the moon? Sure but it is more fun to howling with my dogs (we call it singing). Poor DH, he can't get them to sing with him.
19.You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you? Neither, thank you. OK, if you are going to be fussy about it...vampire...they always sort of hypnotize you before biting.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
- $50 Slim Perfect Gift Cert. - ends 11/5
- 100 Postcards - ends 10/28
- 250 Custom Stickers/Labels - ends 10/26
- Certain Dri Solid Antiperspirant - ends 10/28
- Red Velvet Cake from We Take The Cake - ends 10/25
- Simple Green Pink (ends 11/2/09)
- Amano Artisan Chocolate (ends 11/2/09)
- Kaskey Kids Soccer Guys (ends 11/1/09)
- Pet Head Dog Grooming Products (ends 11/1/09)
- The Big Popper (ends 11/1/09)
- PureBliss Essentials Holiday Soaps (ends 11/1/09)
- Connected by Christakis & Fowler (ends 10/31/09)
- NuGo Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars (ends 10/31/09)
- Clarisea Face Set (ends 10/31/09)
- Gypsy Soule $100 Gift Certificate (ends 10/30/09)
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Music CD (ends 10/30/09)
- Andira Rain Tees (ends 10/30/09)
- CaliBowl Set (ends 10/30/09)
- Simply Good Stuff Star Peeler (ends 10/29/09)
- Mrs. O by Mary Tomer (ends 10/29/09)
- Sencha Naturals (ends 10/29/09)
- BabyPop Custom SuperHero Cape (ends 10/29/09)
- The Cooperating Witness by Barbara Laken (ends 10/28/09)
- Marx Foods Palm Leaf Plates (ends 10/28/09)
- Kristen Lawrence Halloween Music (ends 10/28/09)
- Mayfair Lane Gift Basket (ends 10/28/09)
- Girl on Top by Nicole Williams (ends 10/27/09)
- Fiber Gourmet Cracker Snacks (ends 10/27/09)
- Tinker Bell & The Lost Treasure Blu-Ray/DVD (ends 10/27/09)
- Tropical Traditions Teeth Cleaner (ends 10/27/09)
- South of France Bath and Body (ends 10/26/09)
- Oregon Chai (ends 10/26/09)
- Sex, Drugs & Gefilte Fish Heeb Storytelling Collection (ends 10/26/09)
- Tyler Trends Kid Clothing (ends 10/26/09)
- Unilever Product Assortment (ends 10/25/09)
- Little Music Lovers (ends 10/25/09)
- Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash Kit (ends 10/25/09)
- Toxic Friends by Susan Shapiro Barash (ends 10/25/09)
Friday, October 23, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire, and the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate. With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible.
Can she figure out what is actually happening to London’s high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? And who is the real enemy . . . and do they have treacle tart?
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Publisher: Hachette Book Group
In 1752, Sarah Carrier Chapman, weak with infirmity, writes a letter to her granddaughter, revealing the secret she has closely guarded for six decades. . .
Her story begins more than a year before the Salem witch trials, when nine-year-old Sarah and her family arrive in a New England community already gripped by superstition and fear. As they witness neighbor pitted against neighbor, friend against friend, hysteria escalates--until more than two hundred men, women, and children have been swept into prison. Among them is Sarah's mother, Martha Carrier.
In an attempt to protect her children, Martha asks Sarah to commit an act of heresy -- a lie that will most surely condemn Martha even as it will save her daughter. (Back Cover)
The following is a copy of an email I received from Cool Jams that I thought I should share with you. Not only because they, too, want to make everyone aware of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and because they are taking part of their sales and donating it to the Susan G. Komen organization, but because they make a product that women going through "the change" will find invaluable!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
By now, we've probably all been touched by someone who has been negatively affected by in some way....perhaps a friend, relative or neighbor. To help the cause, Cool-jams is going pink this month to promote breast cancer awareness. There’s no time like the present to get passionately pink about breast cancer prevention. During the month of October Cool-jams pledges to donate 10% of every sale to the Susan G. Komen organization. Susan G. Komen is a fundraising program that inspires breast cancer advocacy and honors those affected by the disease. Please help raise awareness among your friends, family or co-workers; and help end breast cancer forever!
Here's how it works:
1) Go to www.cool-jams.com to place your order
2) Order any Cool-jams style or gift certificate to qualify for a donation.**
3) At check-out write the word "Pink" in the comment box provided during the check out process.
4) The rest is easy. Cool-jams will automatically donate 10% of your purchase to Susan G. Komen.
**If you know of someone suffering from night sweats associated with breast cancer treatment. The gift of Cool-jams along with a donation a 10% donation to Susan G. Komen is the perfect gift!
Thanks for your support of and breast cancer awareness. Visit Cool-jams before the end of October to make your order count toward a donation toward breast cancer awareness.
Remember October 16 is National Mammography Day. According to the National Cancer Institute, women in their 40s and older should have mammograms every 1 to 2 years.
Are you interest in fundraising for your charity?
Here at Cool-jams we have a very active charitable giving program. Our simple philosophy is that as humans we were placed here on this earth to make a difference. We love to help those around us in whatever way we can! If you would like to learn more about our fundraising programs, contact email@example.com.