Sunday, November 29, 2009
Today we ripped this meme off a blogger named Vicki at the blogFleurette. She states that she found it at Deborah's Devil's Sidekick blog. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us atSunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Tell Me About Yourself Meme
1. When is your birthday? Aug 11
2. Where were you born? Panama Canal Zone
3. Where do you live now? Texas
4. What is your heritage? American mutt
5. Tell us about a weakness. a house of cards, a lame duck
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? to find the perfect present for my little sister.
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? lol
8. What was your first thought this morning? you should have asked me earlier...that was hours ago...i don't have the foggiest idea
9. When do you usually go to bed? there is no usual...ah the joys of retirement.
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? no, yes
11. Do you like your current relationship status? yes
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? yes and no
13. How often do you drink alcohol? not very often
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? no, i have always had to take so many that it didn't make sense.
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. no but it is on my bucket list.
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? quietly in my sleep.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? taller
18. Have you ever been dumped? yes
19. What's on your pizza? cheese, black olives, onions
20. Have you ever shoplifted? probably but i don't remember
Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing!Please leave a comment or link when you have posted. Feel free to stop back and visit other player’s posts. Have a great week. See you next Sunday!
Friday, November 27, 2009
1. When was the last time you jetted away for the holidays?
2. What is your fondest birthday memory?
3. What names do you go by?
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
5. Where is your least favorite place to be, and why?
6. Have you ever had a scary stalker type?
7. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
8. What are two activities you do after eating Thanksgiving Dinner?
9. What did your family do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid? Do you still do it? If not explain why.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
The banker saw his old friend Tom, an eighty-year old rancher, in town.
Tom had lost his wife a year or so before and rumor had it that he was marrying a 'mail order' bride.
Being a good friend, the banker asked Tom if the rumor was true.
Tom assured him that it was.
The banker then asked Tom the age of his new bride to be.
Tom proudly said, 'She'll be twenty-one in November.'
Now the banker, being the wise man that he was, could see that the sexual appetite of a young woman could not be satisfied by an eighty-year-old man.
Wanting his old friend's remaining years to be happy the banker tactfully suggested that Tom should consider getting a hired hand to help him out on the ranch, knowing nature would take its own course.
Tom thought this was a good idea and said he would look for one that afternoon.
About four months later, the banker ran into Tom in town again. 'How's the new wife?', asked the banker.
Tom proudly said, 'Good - she's pregnant.'
The banker, happy that his sage advice had worked out, continued, 'And how's the hired hand?'
Without hesitating, Tom said, 'She's pregnant too.'
Don't ever underestimate us old Guys.
President of the United States Donald Vanderdamp is having a hell of a time getting his nominees appointed to the Supreme Court. After one nominee is rejected for insufficiently appreciating To Kill A Mockingbird, the president chooses someone so beloved by voters that the Senate won't have the guts to reject her - Judge Pepper Cartwright, the star of the nation's most popular reality show, Courtroom Six.
Will Pepper, a straight-talking Texan, survive a confirmation battle in the Senate? Will becoming one of the most powerful women in the world ruin her love life? And even if she can make it to the Supreme Court, how will she get along with her eight highly skeptical colleagues, including a floundering Chief Justice who, after legalizing gay marriage, learns that his wife has left him for another woman?
Soon, Pepper finds herself in the middle of a constitutional crisis, a presidential reelection campaign that the president is determined to lose, and oral arguments of a romantic nature. Supreme Courtship is another classic Christopher Buckley comedy about the Washington institutions most deserving of ridicule.
©2008 Christopher Taylor Buckley; (P)2008 Hachette Audio
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
The characters were interesting and well developed. The plot was complex, interweaving treads from the perspective of several characters, but not confusingly so.
The story starts with in prison with Mason Perry (Mas) having a very bad and scary day...well it was scary to me. A guard who paws. 'Ladies' who are big and threatening mayham after lights out. It's after the nightly lock up. Her door opens. A woman enters. A cop. The chief of cops. Her sister. So begins the fast moving thriller! Hang on tightly. That was just the start!
It's an amazing bookl
Thank you Hauchette who lets me review books with no further expectation other than it be my own honest opinion!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel (Abridged)
"You have given nineteen different versions of your life story to journalists in the last two years alone."
She [Vida] shrugged. "It's my profession. I'm a storyteller."
"I am a biographer, I work with facts."
Abridged: 6 CDs, 7 hours running time.