Tuesday, August 26, 2014



The Brutal Telling
by Louise Penny
Narrated by: Ralph Cosham
Length: 13 hrs and 12 mins
Series: Chief Inspector Gamache/Three Pines, Book 5
Format: Unabridged
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Publisher's Summary:

As autumn descends upon Three Pines, a stranger is found murdered in the village bistro and antique store at the center of town. No one admits to knowing the murdered man, but as secrets are revealed, chaos begins to close in on the beloved bistro owner, Olivier. What past did he leave behind, and why has he buried himself in the tiny village.

A trail of astounding clues and treasures - from first editions of Charlotte's Web and Jane Eyre to a spider web with the word "WOE" woven in it - lead the Chief Inspector deep into the woods and across the continent in search of the truth, then back to Three Pines as the little village braces for the final brutal telling.

My Thoughts:

While reading a blurb on Audible.com about The Long Way Home: Chief Inspector, by Louise Penny, I suddenly realized I knew this main character! Off I went to check my library and sure enough, I had listened to this book! I don't know how long ago I listened to it but I had rated...just not written my review. But you gotta admit, that if I could remember the Inspector, the Three Pines community (and who done it) and more, it had to have been a memorable read (listen)!

It was a good mystery with a very interesting cast of characters! Oh, Three Pines is really one of the characters! This is NOT a "cozy" mystery; one very well narrated by Ralph Cosham.

I'm at a loss as to what more I can tell you without spoilers which I want you to be pulled along as I was!

If the blur above or my excitement doesn't make you want to grab this one any any of its various formats, I don't know what else I can say other than you are missing a damn good book!

P.S. For those who've not read my other views, I don't listen to abridged books...too much good gets lost! AND I adore writers who, while they write a series, make each book complete; without dangling the next one at the end; I adore Louise Penny!

View all my reviews

No comments: