Wednesday, January 30, 2013


The CrownThe Crown by Nancy Bilyeau
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"In this debut historical thriller, an aristocratic young nun must find a legendary crown in order to save her father’s life and preserve all she holds dear."

And what a great debut it is! This is not a story of Henry VIII rather set in time when Henry went against the Pope and the Catholic Church to rid himself of his second wife, Ann. Catholic houses of study, seclusion, and religious life as well as church followers are in constant danger. It is a time of bloody persecution.

How is this young nun to find a crown she knows little about...history or vision or any clues except that it should be in her nunnery?

Once I got stared, I could not stop listening as I followed her search!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it when individuals come together and share opinions.
Great site, stick with it!
Here is my weblog :: bethesda waters