Sunday, December 9, 2012

Warlord (Alexander Hawke, #6)Warlord by Ted Bell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hmmmm. This one is tough to review. I liked it but I didn't finish it.

The story starts back in time with the murder of a British royal and then comes up to before Princess Diana dies. There are warnings and fears and intrigue. It is well written and well read.

So why didn't you finish it? Because the news stories before and after the death of the Princess are still too close in my mind. Such a tragedy! I just could not let it that close again.

Now, my husband (the one born in Scotland), he thinks it should get a 4 or 5. He liked it all the way through to the end.

I guess if you can take it as a story of any time and leave recent history alone, if you like good intrigue in your international murder mystery, you should give this one a try.

No comments: