Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stray (Shifters, #1)Stray by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can't believe I ever hesitated to read Rachel Vincent's works!

I was afraid of gore! Oh, fear not, there is some but it didn't make me want to barf...it was appropriate for the story (but it makes easier reading/listening than it would seeing in a movie). But it is expected there be some. After all, this is a story about werecats!

Faith is the only daughter in the family. Apparently, the females are not as often reproduced as the males. She's a college student until she is recalled home by her father kicking all the way. It seems daughters of werecats are being abducted...one has even shown up brutally murdered.

Is Faith more than a potential victim? Is there a love story? Are there some really good one liners? Is a somewhat typical family story? YES!

It is all great fun and you should give it a try...and if you like to listen to your books, you will enjoy the narrator's work.

View all my reviews

No comments: