Friday, October 14, 2011


The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Penguin Classics S.)The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I think I made a bad choice spending my Audible.com credit on this one.

To start with, I don't like the narration of the first part. It seemed so patterned. Looking past that impediment, I really did not like the character himself. I could not see him married to anyone other than the most desperate! And when he dropped to the use of physical violence, I just could not buy it! AND HE GETS AWAY WITH IT!

Having resolved this couple to her satisfaction, Ms. Bronte goes on to another...but it does not flow well from on to another which caused me some confusion. It might have been better if she had written these as short stories held together by the hall or the relationships.

I am forced to admit that with the switch to the new couple, I kept getting so bored, I fell asleep. I wish I could tell you this might be a better book if read but...

Maybe you should ignore me as I have never appreciated Weathering Hights either.

But I have loved Jane Eyre in all its formats!

I know...visit your local library and read the first part. If you like it, then spend your money to add it to your library.

No comments: