Friday, October 14, 2011

Hood (King Raven, #1)Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Narrated by Adam Verner

PUBLISHER Oasis Audio

Length:12 hrs and 20 mins

Did you ever read or watch any of various Robin Hood stories? I did! I don't think I missed any one of them starting with Errol Flynn. I loved all with their slight changes here and there. The characters of Hood are a different but underneath I see the influence of Robin's story.

Mr. Lawhead's writing is delightful and colorful that made the scenes vivid in my mind. 'Makes me wish I had a young one to share with whom I could share (or would that be an excuse to listen again). And Mr. Verner? His reading was such an addition. He read quickly and clearly catching me up in the story. 'Not in haste but with action.

If you want to listen to this before sleeping, don't be surpassed if you find yourself finding it hard to shut it off! It is good company if you are in for a long car ride for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

No comments: