Monday, May 17, 2010

Bridget has two blogs

Which is delightful for the book lovers among us as there she not only reviews books BUT she also gives them away!  I was lucky enough to be a winner there of  Margaret Mallory's Knight of Pleasure
Knight of Pleasure (All the King's Men)
This is an excerpt from the book:
"Do you want to learn how to protect yourself?" Stephen asked.
Green eyes sparking with fire, Isobel raised her sword and said, "Teach me."
"You should carry a short blade as well," he instructed as he fended off her attack.
"Why? You think you can knock my sword from my hand?"
"I can. But I will not have to. You will drop it."
He forced her to step back, and back, and back again. She threw her hands up, sending the sword clattering against the wall as she tumbled backward.
"I'm afraid you have the advantage of me," she said, reaching her hand up for him. He took it and sank to his knees beside her.
"Not true, Isobel," he said in a harsh whisper. "'Tis I who am at your mercy."
His eyes fixed on her lips, full and parted. The moment their lips touched, fire seared through him. She was kissing him back, mouth open. Slowly, he lowered his body ...
He froze the instant he felt the prick of cold steel against his neck.
"You are right," Isobel said so close to Stephen's ear that he could feel her breath, "'tis wise to carry a short blade."
My thoughts:
This is the second of a series, the first being Knight of Desire, a really fun romp of a debut novel I earlier reviewed. I fully expect to enjoy this one as much as the last and have added her next book, Knight of Passion which is (to be release in June of this year) to my wish list.  
Series books can sometimes drive me mad when they leave you hanging for next book in the series.  As the first one seemed have a proper ending, I expect this one to need to be able to stand alone.  We shall see when I read and then post about it.  
In the meantime, go visit Bridget's book blog, Readaholic, to see what she has found lately.  

No comments: