Welcome to the September 24th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think
a little bit before you blog!
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the number 1172007 and the color of the walls in an asylum.
1. Does soap or shampoo have to really lather up for you to feel that it cleaned thoroughly? yes, but it is probably from being brain washed by parents and teachers and television.
2. Do you have a long standing joke with someone that you still laugh about every time you talk to that person? no, at least not that i can think of at this moment.
3. Share something that happened to you this past week that was unusual. my body decided i had been treating it disrespectfully, so it put me to sleep for something like more than 12 hours! what's with that?
4. If you dropped a purple crayon and a green crayon off a roof, which would melt faster in the sun? neither, i don't get on roofs. you see you have to climb up on a ladder and they are really not wheelchair accessible.
5. You are standing in line (grocery store, bank, etc.), and someone gets in line behind you that stinks. The stink is so bad that people in line in front of you turn around and look to see if you are the one causing the stink. Do you cover your nose, hold your breath, breathe through your mouth or just get out of line altogether? Herbert Tarr said in THE CONVERSION OF CHAPLIN COHEN, "it says in the talmud, it is better to throw oneself on a burning bush than to humiliate another publicly. however it is not written in the talmud what to do if there is no burning bush handy."
6. If you dropped your cell phone in the toilet, would you fish it out? If so, how much soap would you use to wash your hands afterwards? i think that would depend on when i dropped it...before or after. and yes, it would involve lots of soap and water...hot water.
7. Sydney Australia dust storm (link). How long do you think it would take you to clean your house after that sort of dust storm? have you every been to west texas or the panhandle of texas? i know that was why my mother had daughters...with everyone assigned a task, it just take a really good vacuum and lots of cleaning cloths and hands! (or a lot of money to get a good cleaning crew in.)
8. Do you think you can dance? no. but after watch Tom Delay, i don't think i should worry much.
9. You are out to eat and someone across the room is staring at you. Do you get paranoid, try to ignore them, or go find out why they are staring at you? the last time it happened, i was in panama, 19 or 20, eating dinner with my parents and younger sister. it was a lady. i was telling my dad about it when she suddenly got up and rushed to the table. when she arrived, she called me by name and said she would have recognize me anywhere. she said nothing to my little sister (2 years my junior). after she left, i asked my dad when she would have seen me last. "oh, you were about 5." talk about deflation! and i was/am a fairly buxom lady.
10. Come up with a crazy, wacky Thursday Thunk question. have you ever colored your hair and had to live with the disaster? or any other such hair raising experience?